總網頁瀏覽量

2010年12月18日 星期六

Saturday Morning Lessons

Though a bit chilly, it's a really beautiful Saturday morning. Time for some fun again. This week I'm going to be a little more serious than usual. I shall deal with a subject which some regard as the most important task that parents can have. It's education. So the lesson starts.


One day in a primary class, a teacher brought in a bag full fruit.


"Now class, I'm going to reach my hand into this bag. I'll give you a description of a fruit. You'll then tell me what fruit I'm talking about. Okay? Now for the first one. It's round, plump and red."


Jonnhy raised up his hand high. The teacher knowing him, wisely ignored him and picked Deborah, who promptly answered: "An apple."


The teacher replied, "No, Deborah. It's a beet. But I like your thinking. Now for the second. It's soft, fuzzy and colored red and brownish."


Johnny is hopping up and down in his seat trying to get the teacher to call his name. She skips him again and calls on Billy.


"Is it a peach?" Billy asks.


"No, Billy, I'm afraid it's a potato. But I like you thinking."


She starts again, "Now here's another. It is long, yellow and fairly hard."


By now Johnny is about to explode as he frantically waves his hand. The teacher skips him again and calls on Sally.


"A banana!" she says.


"No", " the teacher replies, "It's a squash, but I like your thinking."


Johnny is kind of irritated by now.  So he speaks up loudly, "Hey, I've got one for you Miss Smith. Let me put my hand in my pocket. Okay, I've got it. It's round, hard and it's got a head on it."


"Johnny!, "she cries. ""That's disgusting!"


"Nope," answers Johnny, "It's a quarter, but I like your thinking."


9 則留言:

  1. Good lesson for the teacher. Now she knows what secret code to use everytime she wants some romance from her love.: "Darling, please give me a dime?"
    [版主回覆12/18/2010 09:36:00]Say good morning to your dime for me. Mornings are important!

    回覆刪除
  2. My dear Elzorro, consider ourselves lucky if we still have that Morning Glory !
    Have a nice day.
    [版主回覆12/18/2010 11:46:00]It's always glorious mornings, my friend! May they stay that way for a long time to come!

    回覆刪除
  3. imagine we put the animals in the bag, e.g. swan, snake,....
    [版主回覆12/18/2010 19:10:00]How would you like the clues about swan, snake...to be?

    回覆刪除
  4. Smart cookies! I like Johnny's answer!
    [版主回覆12/18/2010 19:11:00]You're not the only one. The whole class does but I'm afraid not poor Miss Smith!

    回覆刪除
  5. Sorry, I just confused with Peter's picture.

    回覆刪除
  6. 早抖啦.. elzorro 星期日有咩節 目?
    [版主回覆12/19/2010 09:35:00]Had a great sleep last night. Thank you. It's a beautiful Sunday. Don't waste it! Maybe I'll go hiking in the afternoon.

    回覆刪除
  7. Hi Elzorro 今日好好太陽. .有冇出去曬下 ?
    [版主回覆12/19/2010 18:33:00]Just got back from a beautiful hike! Did you go out to profit from the sunny weather?

    回覆刪除
  8. Have a nice day ^^~~
    [版主回覆12/19/2010 18:33:00]Same to you too!

    回覆刪除
  9. 漏0左 sunday ?
    [版主回覆12/19/2010 23:10:00]Love the cat's expression! So cheeky! Don't be greedy!

    回覆刪除