總網頁瀏覽量

2010年12月11日 星期六

Two Saturday Jokes

Well it's that time of the week for jokes again. I combed through my collection and found two. Both of them happened to be related in one way or another to an institution having enormous influence over our spiritual health. What are they? Read.


#1     A Confession


A married man enters a confessional.


"Father, forgive me, for I have sinned," the man says.


"Well son, what did you do?" the priest asks.


"Eh, Eh.... I had an affair with a woman....Almost"


"What do you mean, almost?" questions the priest.


"Well, we got undressed and rubbed against each other but then I stopped."


"Son, rubbing together is the same as putting it in, " explains the priest. "You're not to go near that woman ever again. Now, say 5 Hail Mary's and put $50 in the poor box."


The man leaves the confessional, says his prayers and walks over to the poor box.  He pauses for a moment in front of it. Then he leaves.


The priest runs over to the man and exclaims, "I saw you. You didn't put any money in the poor box!"


"Well, Father, I rubbed against it. Like you said, it's the same thing as putting it in!"


#2   Athritis


A drunk man who smelled like beer sat down on a subway seat next to a priest. The man's tie was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick and a half empty bottle of gin was sticking out of his torn coat pocket. He opened his newspaper and began reading.


After having read a few minutes, the man turned to the priest and asked, "Say, Father, what causes athritis?"


"My son, it's caused by loose living, being with cheap women, too much alcohol, a contempt for your fellow man, sleeping around with prostitutes and lack of bath."


"Well, I'll be damned, " the drunk muttered, returning to his paper.


After a while, the priest, thinking about what he had said, nudged the man and apologized. "I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to come on so strong. How long have you had athritis?"


"I don't have it, Father. I was just reading here that the Pope does."


5 則留言:

  1. Did Pope go to the priest for a confession?
    [版主回覆12/11/2010 14:28:00]The Pope is just a head priest but still a priest. I see no reason why he should not confess his sins to another priest! As to the contents of his confession, God knows!

    回覆刪除
  2. Will you go tomorrow morning ?
    [版主回覆12/11/2010 15:34:00]I will definitely go but not into a confessional! I don't think I need to trouble the priests! I may have a more direct line of communication! I prefer my life to be simple!

    回覆刪除
  3. Good evening, my dear old friend !  Thanks for your Saturday jokes and let us have some fun for the weekend !  "Jokes for the weekend,   For joy and laughters,     The pleasure after reading the jokes, the relaxation ...      Weekend fun, end of all sorrows and miseries..." 








    [版主回覆12/11/2010 18:20:00]Thank you, Black Leopard. I do not know why. They must have a novice as a sound engineer. It's so difficult to hear what the stand-up gag comedian is trying to say! Thank you all the same!

    回覆刪除

  4.  We all sin one way or the other, the Pope is no exception!
    [版主回覆12/12/2010 10:14:00]Perhaps the Pope sins most since he has ultimate responsibility for the morality of the entire world upon his shoulders!

    回覆刪除
  5. Very mean story!
    [版主回覆12/12/2010 18:57:00]But as so often, without a certain cruelty or meanness, as you say,  there'll be less bite to the jokes!

    回覆刪除