總網頁瀏覽量

2011年1月29日 星期六

A Little Saturday Fun

It's been fairly cold this week, the temperatures always hovering around just above 10 centigrade. The observatory told us that it'd be warmer. But to me, the the god of weather does not seem to be in a very compliant mood. So it's really up to us to console ourselves. What better than a little weekend fun. I hope that somehow, it'd make the cold a little more tolerable. So, without more ado, here's another one of the weekend jokes.


A preacher was completing a temperance sermon. With great effusion he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."


With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."

And then finally, he said in a voice of great drama, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and throw it into the river."

He sat down.


The choirmaster, who had throughout the sermon stood inconspicuously at the side, then very quietly announced to his choir: 


"For our closing song, let us sing Hymn # 365: "Shall We Gather at the River."


8 則留言:

  1. We shall overcome,
    We shall overcome,
    We shall overcome, some day.
    Oh, deep in my heart,
    I do believe
    We shall overcome, some day.
     
    [版主回覆01/29/2011 13:07:00]Overcome what? Injustice? Violence? Ignorance? Human greed? Man's inhumnaity to man? Human greed? Human folly? Or the lack of any human decency? Barriers to human solidarity? If so, I suspect that there is only one path open to us. The will, not to power, but to hope! There is little else, my friend!

    回覆刪除
  2. We walk hand in hand,
    We walk hand in hand,
    We walk hand in hnad, some day....

     
    [版主回覆01/29/2011 13:07:00]With a bottle of beer, wine, whiskey in our hands?

    回覆刪除
  3. I wish you happy in any time ~ any place ~
     
    [版主回覆01/29/2011 15:36:00]There is only one time for me, the present and only one place for me, on earth! I shall strive never to be unhappy! Thank you for your good wishes. I wish you the same.

    回覆刪除
  4. 開心開心... 又係笑話星期六
    [版主回覆01/29/2011 23:30:00]Life is a big joke any way! Just hope it won't turn into a bad joke, that's all. What else is there to do?

    回覆刪除
  5. Good one!
    [版主回覆01/29/2011 23:31:00]Boose is always good!

    回覆刪除
  6. yeah
    go to the riverbank
     
    [版主回覆01/29/2011 23:31:00]Ah, you too!

    回覆刪除
  7. Good evening, my dear old friend !  ...What a funny good idea!  ...Shall we ( all Blog friends UNITE) GATHER at "elzorro 927" 's PARTY ? Thank you for the weekend fun and the GOOD IDEA !  "Gather at the river, rejoice and reunion...    At the bottom of our heart,     The innermost fantasies, wishes too good to be true,       River of romance, sea of mystery, warmth of friendship,        Rejoice of laughters and drinks,         And most of all, can't wait...          Reunion of friends from all around the blog..." 







    [版主回覆01/30/2011 05:33:00]What an excellent idea! Let's drink and be merry at the river of Fun and Oblivion where all unhappiness are forgotten!

    回覆刪除
  8.  我比較喜歡冬天 ,   夏天我會熱到發脾氣  

    回覆刪除