總網頁瀏覽量

2011年1月12日 星期三

Some Mid-Week Fun


A trial starting Tuesday and which was originally supposed to take three days was concluded this morning. So it's time for a little relaxation. Just when I needed it, I got forwarded to me a little joke about the benefits of various religions which I think may lighten up a little any mid-week blues. Here it is:


A Catholic Priest, a Hindu Guru, and a Taliban Mullah all served as religious advisers to the theological students at Harvard University.  They would get together two or three times a week for tea for discussions and strategies.

 

One day, they agreed that preaching to people was not really all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to animals, like a bear. One thing led to another and they decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the jungles of the world, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert it.









A month later they all met to discuss their experience in the jungle.

The Catholic Priest had his arm in a sling, was on crutches, and had various bandages on his body and limbs,  was the first to speak. 

 

"Well," he says, "I went into the  jungle to find a bear. When I found one I began to read to him from the Holy Book. Well, that bear wanted nothing to do with me and began growl and slap me around. So I quickly grabbed my holy water, sprinkled him and, holy Mary Mother of Christ, he became as gentle as a lamb. The Pope is coming out next week to give him first communion and confirmation."

The Hindu Guru spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, with an IV drip in his arm and both legs in casts.

 

In his best fire and brimstone oratory, he exlaimed: "Vell, brothers, I vent out the the jungle of India. As you know vee don't sprinkle vater. I vent out and I found a bear. And then I began to read to the bear from our Hindu Holy Book. But that bear vanted nothing to do vith me. So I took hold of him and vee began to wrestle. Vee wrestled down one hill, up another and down another until vee came to the River Ganges. So I quickly dunked him and his hairy soul in the vater. And just like you said, he became as gentle as a lamb. Vee spent the rest of the day praising Lord Shiva."

The Priest and the Guru both looked down at the Taliban Mullah, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with monitors and IV's running in and out of him. He was in really bad shape.

 

The Mullah looked up and said: "Looking back on it, I don't think it was a very good idea to start by first circumcising the bear ...."

5 則留言:

  1. [版主回覆01/12/2011 16:07:00]Like the photo of the nun. Literally "slurping up" the jokes! Poor soul! How dull life at the convent must have been.  From the lines on her face, no matter how many sins she might have committed in the past, she would have done more than her share of "penance" for purgatory. She has earned the right to finally have some "fun". 

    回覆刪除
  2. Actually she posted the joke and was checking who read the joke. And she found elzorro on top the visitors list. "Ha-ha... you naughty boy, I got cha... so that's how you spent your time while complaining that you don't have 3 heads and 48 hours a day!"   Look at her unholy glee!
    [版主回覆01/12/2011 18:25:00]Would it by any chance just be a trick by SuperBro that we're seeing the "image" of a nun when in fact it might very well have been Peter in disguise to evade the attention of "she who must be obeyed"? Or is she watching Peter in action doing what most men do but never talk about in public?

    回覆刪除
  3. 凍到 冇探你添.. 點呀? 明早仲凍喎 撐到嗎 ?
    [版主回覆01/12/2011 22:19:00]There are few colds which a cashmere, a scarf and a down jacket can't handle! I'm a survivor! Thank you. You take care! OK?

    回覆刪除
  4. 怎麼不從winnie the pooh 着手呢
    [版主回覆01/12/2011 23:28:00]? ? ?

    回覆刪除
  5. 對小熊維尼說教總比對大熊好,不是嗎? 小朋友較易接受,而且,起碼無咁傷.
    [版主回覆01/13/2011 14:02:00]I don't know a lot about "Winnie the pooh" except its name. Mind elaborating the connections?

    回覆刪除