總網頁瀏覽量

2011年7月19日 星期二

Sunday Fun Runs On at HK Park



I had so much fun at the Botanic Garden. Perhaps I could have more at the nearby Hong Kong Park? Why not?  On my way there, my eyes were struck by some flickering lights. They were shimmering images of fluttering leaves upon the polished steel surface of the arch-shaped canopy of the escalator from  Pacific Place up to Hong K
ong Park.







Sunlight
was playing not only upon the cold polished metal surface at the side
of the escalator. It was shimmering upon tiny ripples of the fountain leading to the garden proper and a little further the emerald
green pond...







on the surface of the water around two and three serving-tray like lotus leaves on the upper pond, joined hand in hand, like lovers or family and around some other linked green hearts.











but not at an obscure corner of the pond where sat a pink lotus flower, quietly shielded by other leaves, perhaps being engaged in deep meditation, totally oblivious to the hustle and bustle of passing feet.





At the entrance to the tropical and desert plant hothouse, I was greeted by a leafy giant, proudly standing guard, its back turned against the towering steel and glass structures in the background in the first photo, as if those edifices from another age could very well just not have  existed, for all he cared!

Once inside, my eyes were dazzled by the dangling daintiness of myriads of orchids. Their stalks were so slender!  I wonder whether they can ever support their beautiful offsprings without help.






A yellow butterfly?





A lion-man with a purple beard and whiskers?




Three sisters each with an enormous bonnet?




A baby opening its arms for its mother?



Of course, there were other flowers and leaves too, simply too numerous to document.






Four sticks of frosted sugar candy on waxed paper in pink?






Yellow finger with carbuncles?





Three sisters in red leaning against each other for support?





Leaves which could not make up their mind what they should wear on the inside and on the outside,  like high school girls before their first prom?





A late afternoon procession of middle-aged grumpy and prickly friars?



On my way out, the sun was shining again, gilding the edges of some Brazilian flowers whose name I have now forgotten.




I followed the arbored path down, expecting nothing of further interest. But how wrong was I!  My eyes were met with thousands of tiny and not so tiny leaves of all imaginable shapes and sizes and colors. A veritable visual feast of various hues of green.
















My Sunday afternoon romp amongst the flowers came to an end, caught by the translucent beauty of a fly-catcher pouch! No doubt about it: I was trapped forever! By the extravagant beauty of Nature.




5 則留言:

  1. wooo...I love #2,5,9,14,17,18
    esp those flowers & leaves under sunshine.
    I always go to HK Park for photo shooting on Sun / Sat.  When would we meet here...hahah ??
     
    [版主回覆07/19/2011 12:14:00]Thanks for your encouraging words to this photographic novice. It seems that Pok Lok might want to go there, weather permitting on Sunday. Perhaps you'll meet her there?

    回覆刪除
  2. Love this one! Good attempt. Now that you have caught the photographic "virus", just let's it eat into your heart.
    [版主回覆07/20/2011 00:02:00]Glad that you like the photo. I like it too. Otherwise, you won't see it there. I can see that you really wish to lure me to my perdition. It is said that the path to hell is often paved with "good" intentions!

    回覆刪除
  3. 呵呵!真人不露相.
    [版主回覆07/19/2011 23:10:00]Ha Ha! There were nothing to show!

    回覆刪除
  4. dupreheifetz's world2011年7月19日 晚上11:12

    Thx for the lovely photos again! The HK Park is just next door to my office, looking at your photos gives me more reasons to take a walk there during lunch.
    [版主回覆07/19/2011 23:32:00]I'm glad my photos have rekindled your interest to do your own explorations. There are so many beautiful things around us, if only we care to really open our eyes and our hearts to them!

    回覆刪除
  5. Good morning, my dear old friend!  ...Thank you for all the beautiful scenery and wonderful flowers,    it really makes me come alive...the scent and the melodies of the park... ..." What a wonderful world!         A Presentation of the wonders of flowers and their dreams,           Wonderful, charming and sweet,              World full of love and magic..." 









    [版主回覆07/20/2011 07:46:00]What would you do after you feel the "life" in you? Thanks for the clip on the  "wonderful" world of puppy love!

    回覆刪除