總網頁瀏覽量

2011年8月17日 星期三

Reliving and Renewing a Lost Joy

Not so long ago, I went to the Hong Kong Park upon my first photo quest. On that occasion, I concentrated mainly on flowers and leaves. But I found so many things which  I might do that I decided there and then that I must go there a second time. I went again.  Last Sunday. This time, I wanted to explore a little the effect of light upon various surfaces of water. This is a subject which has fascinated me for I do not know how long. I could gaze upon the surface of the sea forever.  I can never get enough of the play of light upon the surface of water under different environmental conditions, especially under different lighting conditions.

What follows is the result of this my second photographic pilgrimage to the Hong Kong Park.

Upon crossing the streets from the escalator from Pacific Place. I discovered a fountain right at the entrance to the park. My attention was immediately caught by the flickering light on the surface of the water sitting upon some grey-color mock-granite tiles.  And I found some completely different wave patterns.....








When I walked further I discovered some rather more steady waves criss-crossing each other without however changing their shapes despite their encounters upon the surface of the long rectangular shaped fountain leading to the park proper.





When the waves were bigger, the pattern of light and darkness was very different indeed.





When I reached the lotus pond, the form of the waves and the patterns they made were different yet again, this time a little tinged with the green of the surrounding shrubs!





When the vicinity was dark, waves took on the color of the surrounding darkness as well as a bit of the color of the blue sky above.



\



When the sun emerged from behind the clouds, the park suddenly burst into a sea of vibrant greens and blues.





Reverse mirror images of the plants growing down the stone wall of the lotus pond.





Impressionist-painting like colors upon the surface of the lotus pond, taking on the colors of the plants' reflections upon the pond.





An spotted orange carp whose tail stirred up an eddy upon the surface of mottled green.




Cezanne's lotus pond?








I like the graceful circles of the "sleeping lotus", its waxy green surface tinted with purplish red around their edges..








I like too the purple-color lotus leaves in stark contrast with their neighbors' green





Tray like lotus leaves forming a harmonious foursome.





The tray-like leaf before it folds out upon maturity.





A fully-formed tray-like tray like lotus leaf.





A crowd of "gobblers" one finds so often on computer screens but in green?





I like the reflected blue of the sky upon the surface of the water amongst such "green gobblers" .





A drop of water nesting close to the center of a giant lotus leaf.





A yellow lotus flower on the verge of opening out.






Magical patterns of gold and green created upon the surface of the lotus pond by a fish!





Lush rushes growing at the side of the lotus pond.





Towering flowers of the rushes waving me a warm farewell in the breeze!






8 則留言:

  1. Elzorro 係咪都係留守最後一刻先轉呀 ?
    [版主回覆08/17/2011 19:23:00]As you know, I am a techno-retard. I'll wait till Yahoo has solved all its teething problems before switching over.

    回覆刪除
  2. Very pretty pictures ^^~~
     

     
    The water sings to you and reflect the lights with changing rhythms ...

    and the dropped in shadows ...

    靜中有動 ~ 動中有靜 ,, 已在你的捕景中 ...
    很精彩,  亦很澄明 ^^~~
     
    [版主回覆08/17/2011 19:21:00]Thank you for your appreciation. I like all these photos too. I like the various shades of green, yellow, blue and purple. As you said, they are not static. They appear to be alive and seem to jump at you. And the light sang and danced for me! I'm so pleased you appear to enjoy them as much as I did in photographing them!

    回覆刪除
  3. Light is the most important factor to master before good photos can be taken. It's therefore critical to pick the right time of the day to take the shots and the differences are remarkable. I think early in the morning and late afternoon are usually the best time for taking photos as the sun is most friendly at those times.   I enjoy a lot of the photos you have taken. In particular, I like #5,6,7,14,16,17,19 and 20. Good efforts and thank you very much for your sharing!
    [版主回覆08/18/2011 09:29:00]You're right! If you haven't got good light, you won't get any good photos! All the contrasts and the brightness of the colors will be gone! Mornings and evenings are good probably because the shadows will be longest and the light won't be too sharp! I'm glad you enjoyed some of the photos. I like those where the sunlight or the color of the sky is reflected on the surface of the water and create complicated patterns together with the reflections of the surrounding trees, shrubs, branches and leaves etc. and also the translucence of the leaves as the sun shone behind them exposing their delicate textures. Thank you again for visiting.  I like in particular, the various shades of yellow, greens, purples and blues.

    回覆刪除
  4. Good morning, my dear old friend!  ...The same thing happen to me, I haven't touched the camera for many years... ...Until last year, when I start writing blogs, that I carry the camera again... ...At first, I didn't take writing blogs seriously, and so,     I only use my mobile phone ( with built-in camera function) to take photos... ..." Rejoice, light and sound...        Light showing us the way to see and to feel...          And with our love, and our hearts searching for more,            Sound of art hand in hand with God Almighty light..." 








    [版主回覆08/18/2011 09:37:00]There is so much that one can do with light, with a little bit of imagination! Thank you so much for the wonderfully creative use of light and sound in the video clip you introduced to me. Simply incredible!

    回覆刪除
  5. 謝謝Elzorro很漂亮的照片! 香港公園的小水池十分吸引,尤其在黃昏。那一池碧綠,是獨有的招牌式的美麗。
    [版主回覆08/18/2011 09:46:00]Thank you for your observation. I haven't been to as many places to take photographs as you did. I just discovered what I discovered in that pond by accident. I guess I was lucky! I feel that somehow I am always lucky in whatever I do. Maybe I've got some gods who like me for some reason or other? Who knows?

    回覆刪除
  6. Yes, one never gets tired of gazing at the myriad changes of reflections on the water surface, ever so captivating and so mesmerizing. Thanks for the excellent presentation.  
    [版主回覆08/18/2011 10:59:00]You're absolutely right. It's amazing how many different kinds of light patterns are possible with each change of the time of the day, the relative positions of the clouds in relation to the sun, the thickness of the clouds, how quickly they move across the sky, the relative proportion of clouds and blue sky there is, the color of the surroundings around the relevant bodies of water, the force of the wind, the motion of the boats or fishes or other life forms under the water ..... The permutatations are infinite and totally unpredictable. And the beauty thereby created simply beyond words! Thanks for your compliments. You're always welcome!

    回覆刪除
  7. Good photo is only possible to those who see the beauty of it, among the mundane distractions of our real world, of  which are all skillfully left out. Wah lah!
    [版主回覆08/19/2011 08:06:00]Please don't pull my legs. When I see your photos, I have serious doubts if I am doing "photography" or just making-belief that I am.

    回覆刪除
  8. Havent been to this blog world for a while, and Lo and Behold ! El Zorro has let his secret out, that you are actually such a master in photography !!!
    thankyou for showing us !!

    回覆刪除