總網頁瀏覽量

2011年12月6日 星期二

Christmas in Tsimshatsui


The "Avenue of Stars" coasting the waterfront of Tsimshatsui is one of the things on the top of our tourists'  "must do" list. Yet how often it is that we go there ourselves? Perhaps only during the New Year or National Day fireworks and quite likely, not even then because during such times, it would be so very crowded that one could hardly move. I remember that horrible experience at last year's New Year Eve concert at the Cultural Centre after which I had to inch through crowds and crowds of people walking in the opposite direction all the way to the Austin Road Station before I could get on to the MTR to go home! But it seemed so natural for me to do so last Saturday just before the concert in the short break between the end of my Iessons in Islam at the Tsimshatsui Mosque and the start of the concert. As I had my camera with me, why not do a few clicks on the shooting button?




A mirror in the passageway underground.





An unusual conjoining of color and image.




Christmas is with us with its moon, its stars and its fairies.





A tree of gold right outside one of the MTR exits.





A canopy along my way to the Cultural Centre.





The ceiling lights to the Star Ferry.





Some purple flowers in lurid green I saw on my way





There were red flowers too, circling lit green leaves.





The lights were already up everywhere.




including the flood light outside the space museum.




which periodically turned from pink to orange-yellow.






then to yellow green




then to emerald green





Then to purple.





A star in glowing blue?





The goddess of celluloid?





Streams of tourists in an endless trail along the waterfront walk





A quiet view of our Island East coastline





Roasted Cuttlefish and Korean Fishcakes?





Lights under the umbrella.





The lone Clock Tower of our former KCR standing guard over our Cultural Centre, both glowing in the dark, each its own way, in its own time.





When I first started shooting, the sun was just about to go down.





But it got dark pretty quickly





In no time, the sun was completely beneath the horizon but not without having first tinged the sky orange.





It was getting darker every second .





Soon the sky turned into a bowl of orange.





It was obvious that it had become too dark now for any more photos!
















7 則留言:

  1. I like the "purple flowers in lurid green" and the floodlight outside of the Space Museum. Good shots!
    [版主回覆12/07/2011 09:55:40]I like them too. It's rather "unusual" to find them in such conditions.

    回覆刪除
  2. 我也很喜歡太空館外不同射燈色彩的那數幅,很漂亮呢。^_^
    [版主回覆12/07/2011 09:57:19]Me too. I like the different looks of buildings under different lighting or "reflected" conditions.

    回覆刪除
  3. Colors stay ... So charming ~ full of mystic and imaginations ...
    [版主回覆12/07/2011 16:07:58]When we forget our "self", the world may reveal its "mysteries" and its "charms" and its "beauty" to us.

    回覆刪除
  4. Oh, pictures are impressive
    [版主回覆12/07/2011 16:09:09]Thank you for your compliments. I'm just a beginner trying to experiment.

    回覆刪除
  5. I love the first one. As remembered, I took the snapshots of X'mas in many shopping malls and street scene last year. But, in this year, I just passed IFC & Central, not know any special X'mas decoration as I can't go out. Maybe I would start to go around for photo shooting from next week onwards.....
    [版主回覆12/08/2011 07:37:24]Yes, it's unusual. I discovered it by accident.
    Awaiting the renewal of your photo adventure.

    回覆刪除
  6. really lovely pictures, i think you are more than a master in photography !
    how i missed the panorama of HK....you have made my day !
    [版主回覆12/10/2011 08:48:18]Thank you for your compliments. I am sure I don't deserve them but I'll strive to reduce the distance between them and the reality.

    回覆刪除
  7. 影對岸都無手震,我就辦不到了.給你鼓掌.
    [版主回覆12/14/2011 09:40:27]I think everybody can do so if they "do nothing" i.e just relax. The Taoists say that by doing nothing, you allow everything to be done!

    回覆刪除