總網頁瀏覽量

2012年1月1日 星期日

New Year Resolutions

   


Just saw the "ball drop" at Times Square on TV:  all those people with glasses in hand,  hurrahs, dancing, kissing and hugging each other or merely watching.

For some, new years would not be new years without those firm decisions popularly called "New Year Resolutions" including one that this year, they'll most definitely actually carry them out.

Here are some:

1.  I shall be inventive and will not bore my boss by with the same excuses for being absent or late for work.



2.  I will stop considering other people's feelings when they so obviously don't consider mine - if that unwashed fellow sits next to me again, I'll tell him he stinks!


3. I will do less laundry and use more deodorant.

4.  I will give up chocolates totally.


5. Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my nightdress. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.

6. I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet.



Some say that age often makes us wiser. Can't agree more. Examples? New Year resolutions over the years:

2005: I will get my weight down below 160.
2006: I will watch my calories until I get above 170.
2007: I will follow my new diet religiously until I'm above 180.
2008: I will try to develop a realistic attitude about my weight.
2009: I will work out 5 days a week.
2010: I will work out 3 days a week.
2011: I will try to drive past a gym at least once a week.

Instead of making resolutions which I rarely keep, this year, I shall definitely be different. I shall make some that I'm sure I can keep, like following:

1.
I shall stop exercising. They're a complete waste of time.

3. I shall read less.

4. I shall watch more TV. I've been missing some good stuff.

5. I shall procrastinate more.

6. I shall drink some more.

7. I shall quit giving money & time to charity.

9. I shall spend more time at work surfing on the internet

10
. I shall postpone paying my debts

11. I shall set so many p
riorities that they shall forever be beyond my ability to keep track of them.

12. I shall f
ocus even more on the faults of other





When I thought about the evils of breaking new year resolutions or of drinking, I gave up thinking.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Now where the hell is that damned bottle I just saw a while ago!



8 則留言:

  1. ✿ღ¸.*”˜ƸӜƷ˜”*★•.•★*”˜ƸӜƷ˜”*°•..¸ღ✿ 新年快樂 ELZORRO ✿ღ¸.*”˜ƸӜƷ˜”*★•.•★*”˜ƸӜƷ˜”*°•..¸ღ✿
    [版主回覆01/01/2012 23:15:58]Happy new year to you too!

    回覆刪除
  2. 新年快樂!如果找到酒,要與眾同樂呀。^_^
    [版主回覆01/01/2012 23:15:04]好!! 乾杯!酒終於找到了!但,但,杯在那裡?管他呢!飲!

    回覆刪除
  3. Trust you have had a good holiday break and wish you a great start in the new year!
    [版主回覆01/03/2012 14:22:54]A very relaxing holiday. I hope you've had a needed break too!

    回覆刪除
  4. I have long resolved not to make any New Year resolution. Belated wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!
    [版主回覆01/03/2012 14:26:36]You are so full of wisdom. Thanks for your new year wishes. Wish you heatlh, continuing vitality and the kind of life you've always wanted!

    回覆刪除
  5. ((♡∀♡)) 開工兩日啦 .. 今早好凍呀 . .保重 Elzorro
    [版主回覆01/05/2012 11:33:20]Thank you. You too. Make sure you have enough clothes when you jog.

    回覆刪除
  6. 早已放棄為新年定下要怎樣怎樣! 反正事情都預計不了、 預期的也沒成功過多少。 就兵來將擋、 水來土掩算了! 放開懷抱有時反而做得更好! ~~~~~~~ 新年快樂!
    [只微回覆01/05/2012 16:43:04]對對對! 就是無為!
    [版主回覆01/05/2012 16:30:28]This is really the best policy. LaoTzu told us long ago: it's only when we cease to "do" anything that anything "can" be done.

    回覆刪除
  7. 今年要多拍靚相,一於咁話.
    [亞執回覆01/06/2012 15:49:55]搓, 搓. ^一^
    [版主回覆01/05/2012 23:31:29]I shall do my best, mind you, not my "breast"!

    回覆刪除
  8. dupreheifetz's world2012年1月5日 晚上10:46

    happy new year, El Zorro. wish u another great year of good music, good books, & good photographs!
    [版主回覆01/05/2012 23:35:55]Thank you. Wish you the chance to hear the kind of music that will let your heart tremble with excitement.

    回覆刪除