總網頁瀏覽量

2012年1月11日 星期三

Big Wave Bay


Winter in Hong Kong is one of the better seasons for taking a breath of fresh air out in the open. Sunday last, I tried to revisit one of the outlying slands I wished to explore further: Tung Lung Island but missed the morning ferry. So I just took some pictures close to the kai-do pier at Sai Wan Ho.




Like the golden edge of this roadside aloe at Sai Wan Ho, close to the pier of the missed ferry.



At one point, when I saw this sampan approach the pier, I thought its owner might be persuaded to take me there. But it seemed he just wanted to take his friends to their destinations. Too bad. There wouldn't be another ferry until 2.30 p.m. The return ferry would leave at 5.30 p.m. Taking into account the time required for the journey to the island, that wouldn't leave me with a great deal of time for my intended explorations. So...




after just a photo or two of the beautiful water in the morning sun and of course, its reflections.



some roadside flowers and...



I was on my way to Big Wave Bay. These are two decorative features at the park adjacent to the beach.



The waves that I love.



Same beach, opposite direction.



Surfers' joy



That's a good one!



I like the reflections of light upon the sand



and the algae growing close to the rocks.




spreading its territory whenever it got the chance to.



I like the reflection of the sun which turns the sea into sheets of burnished silver.



More waves, more sun, more silver.



A close up of the silvery waves



So peaceful from a distance



Plants on the way back to Siu Sai Wan



Leaves basking in the sun.



Faded flower



What the flower could have been



Another faded flower



Whilst one may fade, another may be beginning to bloom.



Emerging leaves



Leaves in red



in yellow and brown



Rushes on top of the mountain



Looking back



An abandoned house turned Koon Yin altar on the way back.



A curious parasite on a tree outside the make-shift altar.



Some creepers I found on my way back



Some orange berries



Some red berries



Even some rarely found white berries



An unexpected find on the way back: a garden. I took a wrong turning, walked to the end of the cul de sac and found myself at the entrance of the Cape Collinson Training Centre! Hardly a desirable destination!



Some of the windfall blooming in fury on my wrong turning



in bright red



in pink



in purple



under wisps of silky clouds
 


in the dusk



The evidence of my error! But as Laotzu said, " Who knows if it's not a blessing to lose one's horses!"  Two errors in one day! And a photographic windwall!

3 則留言:

  1. 美照呀!隨緣多樂趣.
    [版主回覆01/11/2012 14:39:29]Yes, just follow the flow!

    回覆刪除
  2. A windfall indeed! Two wrongs make a right no doubt! Thanks for such a feast for the eyes!
    [版主回覆01/11/2012 23:33:24]Thank you.

    回覆刪除
  3. I like the abandoned house shot. I took a look at the photo with a double click which displayed even a higher defintion of the shot. Thanks for sharing.
    [版主回覆01/11/2012 23:39:18]It was a fluke. The afternoon sun was shining on it. The light was just right.

    回覆刪除