總網頁瀏覽量

2012年1月12日 星期四

Clouds and Sky


Met an old friend from middle school for coffee yesterday afternoon and was asked to go on a trip together with him and his family to Shanghai during the coming Chinese New Year. Told him I had to give it a miss because I'm already booked for another trip for the same period. In fact, I had been there briefly for a wedding in early October. It was a good wedding with banquets in Shanghai, home town of the bridegroom and in Wu Chiang, the home town of the bride. It was a good trip but because I had lessons, I had to cut it short. I had always wanted to go back later. But my school friend got me at the wrong time. By sheer coincidence, I saw another blog about Shanghai. Oh my God! I had forgotten all about the photos I took then. I had intended to share those photos with fellow bloggers but what with one thing and another, I never got around to doing so. Now is as good a time as any to do so. Sure. Why not?

I'll start where everything began: the airport.



We got an excellent airport. One of the best in the world. I like it. I like especially the play of light and shadows there.



The skylights would cast its carpet of boat-like light upon its polished floor.



A union of curves.



I like its "wavy leaves on chopsticks" design. 



Others may say the roof looks like so many "shoe mats" or the soles of reed slippers.



I like the play of light on the leaf-like or fish-like carpet.



I like even better the clouds rolling so freely across the sky like so many migrating animals.



The reflections on the top left of the photo gives an air of irreality to the sky



I like the clouds gathering over the tail of the aeroplane.



I like the high clouds at the side of the aeroplane, like so many fluffy mountains or sheets of snow.



I like the shape of the cloud at the top right, as if it were a shark chasing a trail of another one long gone.



And also this one at the top, looking like a tiny jet swishing across the mouth of a shark or a whale.



I like these clouds which look like they were being drawn towards an invisible point in the sky, sucking them in with an enormously powerful but hidden force. In particular, I like the blueness of the sky in the photos: so clean, so pure, as if it were an ocean opening out to infinity. But it was a different sky I saw in Shanghai.



I was walking in a park. Some dark clouds appeared from nowhere.



engulfing the sun



and threatening other parts of the sky



For a brief moment, they were dispersed.



But they were coming down again



rather rapidly too.



But there were opposing forces.



The sky brightened a little.



But they were definitely closing in, helped by the gathering dusk. I tried to look for an opening.



At last, a bright spot. Though not huge, it was still an opening. What do they portend?





4 則留言:

  1. 一機在手, 去到邊影到邊, 相片太多, 忘記咗有個天. ^一^
    [版主回覆01/12/2012 23:50:57]Touché!

    回覆刪除
  2. I like the last couple of shots showing the dusk, the shadow of trees, hills and dark clouds. The contrast was well laid out. Good work!
    [版主回覆01/12/2012 23:51:41]Thank you. It was a fluke. The weather was what made them.

    回覆刪除
  3. It portends, that is the bright spot, an openning up of the heavens where everyone is welcome!
    [版主回覆01/12/2012 23:52:03]I certainly hope so.

    回覆刪除
  4. 天空與機場建築的構圖很美。也想去機場拍一輯呢。
    [版主回覆01/13/2012 12:04:13]Thank you. By all means. I can't wait to see the results. You've always got your own very unique angles.

    回覆刪除