總網頁瀏覽量

2012年6月14日 星期四

Another Visit to HK Park

I still remember my first trip to the HK Park about a year or so ago for the express purpose of taking photographs. I don't remember now how many times I have gone there since that wonderful experience. Having a little time on my hands before the appointment to hear the hi fi systems which my friend has meticulously set up and fine tuned every week over a space of more than three years, I sneaked out to the park again. There are always some surprises there, no matter how brief the time.



This is a rarely seen orchid called Miltonia Celle (菫色籣) from Central and South America.




This is a much more common type of orchids.




So I practised photographing only parts that I thought interesting.




The heart from another angle.




This is another common variety of orchids




So I did the same.




There is a kind of translucence at its heart which appeared to me to be quite captivating.




Some other orchids.




Some white orchids.




and its heart




Some insect catching flower called Sarraconia Leucophyll (白葉瓶子草)




This is a new kind of flower to me, called hibiscus moscheutos or Swamp-Rose  Mallows (草芙蓉、羊角 or 芙蓉葵) originating from the wet river banks in South Eastern USA from Texas to the Atlantic states. It's a cold-hardy perennial wetland plant that can grow in large colonies. Its hirsute leaves are of variable morphology, but commonly found in deltoidal form and sometimes having up to three white to deep rose color lobes but  all have an eye of deep maroon.




These crystal like little flowers are African violets (非洲紫羅籣)




Some espicias (喜蔭花) growing on some stones above a pool.




Some crossandra infundibuliformis (what a name!) (雀尾花).




but they don't always grow only at the tip of a shoot.





Some "Rose grape" flower (寶蓮花)




And finally some lipstick flower (口紅花)



A leaf of the Hanging Lobster Claw (垂序蝎尾蕉).


2 則留言:

  1. 蘭花品種繁多、 都各有美態! 喜末二那幅! 這口紅花少見呢! ~~~~~~~~ 順祝父親節快樂!
    [版主回覆06/16/2012 23:28:20]I agree that each type of orchids have their own peculiar form of beauty. I love the combination of their form and color, especially the part where they display their stamens. It's also the first time I saw the lipstick flower ! You have a happy father's day too.

    回覆刪除
  2. 經常消失回應或者系統錯誤?
    最喜尾二嗰一張.又靚又清晰.照計Peter無須屋企等蘭花開,得閒到香港公園行吓,既健康,又可影相.
    [版主回覆06/16/2012 23:54:57]There does seem some problems with yahoo recently. But yeah, the lipstick flowers are quite unusual ! However, it's a completely different feeling if one sees the gradual blooming of the orchids that flourishes under one's care and attention. It's the difference between one's children and others' !

    回覆刪除