總網頁瀏覽量

2012年6月24日 星期日

My new Discovery in the New Terrritories

I thought I had no chance of taking any photos at a new place this Sunday because the weather forecast said it would be raining. Perhaps the sky took pity on me and gave me some respite. So I went to a place I have heard about quite often but never went to. That's the Tai Po Waterfront Park.



Shortly after leaving the Tai Po Market Station, I passed by a secondary school and found these glory bowers (白花燈籠 ) straining their necks out from an iron mesh of the school begging to be photographed. I obliged.



On the way to the garden, I found these mock "medieval" arches under a bridge.



When I was at the garden, I found lots of very small flowers. Don't know what it's called.



I have seen many of such tiny flowers I don't know how many times I have seen them but I still don't know what it's called. I like its dancing shape though.



Two dancing together.



This blue bud also looks quite beautiful. Like its protective hairs.



Found these tiny ted flowers called Spicy Jatropha or jatropha integerrina (全緣菜珊瑚) dancing from a bush, as if they had just slid down the two leaves. I learned from the internet that its roots is the famous Chinese herbal medicine 沙參..



And these beautiful white flowers with a dark color heart.



And many such lovely lanterns.



And the tips of this yellow "cockerel" flower.



This tentacle like flower called Desmos chinensis (假鷹爪), all twists and curls..



But leaves can be beautiful too.



And these coils look really intricate, as if extending its hand towards a shy bud..



More coils. This one looks as if it was about to leap up or throwing a lasso around.



And these leaves which have nothing to fear in any comparison with flowers.



I found these purple allamanda at a special garden for aromatic herbs.



A close up of two such allamandas.



A close up of some of its petals.



The heart of this flower.



Nearby there were these 黃嬋 like flowers but in purple.



Its stamens.



And the heart of this flower.



And the half open bud of this beautiful purple flower.



We've seen lots of red hibiscus but seldom find them in orange. .



Its heart is unbelievably colorful.


6 則留言:

  1. Beautiful.
    [版主回覆06/26/2012 08:40:21]You got speed, precision and technique. I got little but instinct.
    [島耕作回覆06/25/2012 13:28:55]They are different kind of photo ma.
    [版主回覆06/25/2012 08:59:37]But nothing compared to the vividness of your insects and worms!

    回覆刪除
  2. Wonderful sharing! Thanks very much!
    [版主回覆06/25/2012 11:50:53]It was a very big park. I didn't finish walking through its entire length. Perhaps next time. Took lots of photos. Will share some of them on the blog later.

    回覆刪除
  3. Sorry, couldn’t answer your “private” reply from my “skeleton” blog.
    Thanks anyway.
    [版主回覆06/25/2012 23:06:48]Thank you.
    [Peter回覆06/25/2012 14:44:26]Your reply included just now.
    [Peter回覆06/25/2012 14:13:36]No it’s not bothersome at all. It’s a good idea. I will judge to ensure your reply is not “accidentally made private” and re-post it with my comments. Honestly, I would like the others to read your replies which are usually well-phrased and insightful and it would be a waste to have them left in obscurity.
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    [版主回覆06/25/2012 13:47:43]I suppose that if you want to, you could simply include as your "reply" my original "comments". But it's not really that important that I get a formal reply. Too bothersome to do that!
    [Peter回覆06/25/2012 12:43:28]I don't know. Recently all your replies came in as "private". I was already wondering why as the contents were nothing really private. I would love to reply in more details but somehow the indirectness of having to reply thru your blog really dampens the interest.
    [版主回覆06/25/2012 12:39:24]I didn't press any "private" botton ! What's going on ?

    回覆刪除
  4. 域 流亦詩 Louis Rick2012年6月25日 晚上7:35

    這些花十分美麗、謝謝分享。祝愉快!
    [版主回覆06/25/2012 23:06:22]Thanks for your encouragement. I was just practising to make better use of my camera. Still groping my way around. I've still got a very stiff learning curve ahead.

    回覆刪除
  5. 以為自己搞錯咗去到博樂那裡.
    [版主回覆06/26/2012 17:40:26]An unrequested "sex" operation through the joint hands of a male and a female ? I resolutely refuse to submit.
    [亞執回覆06/26/2012 12:19:43]係嘛! 我都話係架啦.
    [博樂回覆06/26/2012 09:57:27]係喎亞執兄,我都覺得熟口熟面。
    [版主回覆06/25/2012 23:08:56]It boggles the mind to think that such a clever man like you could have made such a mistake. 博樂's blog is a photo boutique, mine is a grocery store!

    回覆刪除
  6. the dancing shape flower looks like a beautiful butterfly to me!
    [版主回覆06/26/2012 08:00:03]Indeed, it does. Lovely, isn't it?

    回覆刪除