總網頁瀏覽量

2012年10月6日 星期六

Saturday Fun

Before you know it, it's Saturday again. Fun time ! My surf through the internet resulted in some modest catches. They are quotes on various aspects of our life by some brainy people. Some of them are real funny. Some have hidden in them a little something not really that funny. But however one may like to view them, here they are:


1. On Marriage

  if you find a good wife you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher. (Socrates)

2. Direction

You got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there. (Yogi Berra)

3. Understanding

I know you think you understood what I said, but what you heard was not what I meant. (Robert McCloskey)

4. Ugly Women

Last week I stated that this woman was the ugliest woman I had ever seen. I have since been visited by her sister and now wish to withdraw that statement. (Mark Twain )

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception. (Groucho Marx )

5. Death

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. (Woody Allen)

6. Finite Space

Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought - particularly for people who cannot remember where they left things. (Woody Allen)

7. Fun

Most of the time I don't have much fun. The rest of the time I don't have any fun at all. (Woody Allen)

8. Choices

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. (Woody Allen)

9. Lawyers, Judges and Politicians

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal", Thou shalt not commit adultery" and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment. (George Carlin)

10. Shortest and Longest Sentence

"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence? (George Carlin)

11. Wrong House

Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house. (George Burn)

12. Truths

I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist. Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender. (Rodney Dangerfield)

13. Being Old

I will never be an old man. To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am. (Francis Bacon)

14. Economics

The animals that depend on instinct have an inherent knowledge of the laws of economics and of how to apply them; Man, with his powers of reason, has reduced economics to the level of a farce which is at once funnier and more tragic than Tobacco Road. (James Thurber)

15. More Economics

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have - and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. (Paul Heyne)

Have a nice weekend or what's left of it!



 

7 則留言:

  1. 域 流亦詩 Louis Rick2012年10月6日 下午1:50

    文章甚具啟發性、謝謝分享。
    [版主回覆10/06/2012 16:03:13]You're most welcome. Have a fun weekend !

    回覆刪除
  2. If you find a good husband you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a feminist.
    [版主回覆10/06/2012 15:44:50]If you find some good paintings, you look at 'em; if not, you become an artist!

    回覆刪除
  3. Thank you El Zorro. I like no.1 & 4.
    Have a nice weekend. ^_^
    [版主回覆10/07/2012 12:00:45]Yeah, both of them are good! #4 is a bit nasty!

    回覆刪除
  4. 星期日愉快
    [版主回覆10/08/2012 12:26:40]Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    回覆刪除
  5. thanks E Zorro, you have made my sunday a very happy one, as always !!
    [版主回覆10/08/2012 12:27:05]You're most welcome, any day !

    回覆刪除
  6. Great quotes! I have enjoyed them! Thank you!
    [版主回覆10/09/2012 20:26:58]So glad that you did !

    回覆刪除
  7. Cowards die a thousand deaths before they die; the brave die but once.
    Let's all those who call themselves Man stand on their own two feet and fight on! Leave the whining to the philosophers.
    [版主回覆10/09/2012 20:33:33]I thought the "age of the hero" died with Byron and the like and that we have since passed into the age of the "mass man" who has nothing but complaints about their life but who, unlike the philosophers, has no idea about how to deal with them except through a kind of stupor induced by wine, women and song, all of which they desperately try to find but alas seldom meet with.

    回覆刪除