總網頁瀏覽量

2012年11月21日 星期三

Another Time, Another Central

Central is a place where I had been for I don't know how many years. Yet each time I passed it, I always managed to find something I don't appear to have noticed before.



Like this flower, opening out feebly yet unashamedly.



or these two little white flowers, hiding  sheepishly under the leaves



And this shoot, preparing to open.



these leaves with their mottled green



This hibiscus.



The pattern on the surface of the sea never seems to be the same.



If one bothers to look, one always finds patterns one didn't notice before.



I found these at a flower stand.



And these sparkling bolts to the escalator



strange reflected patterns of the escalators



The sun finding a final resting place on the ground



the corner of an ad box



Flowers in front of a shop



A window display



And even shiny crystal balls telling us that Christmas is just round the corner !

6 則留言:

  1. 你的花也影得好靚
    [版主回覆11/21/2012 14:34:32]Thank you. But not as good as yours.

    回覆刪除
  2. Flowers in the 1st and 5th photos are very beautiful. ^_^
    [版主回覆11/21/2012 23:12:08]Not as beautiful as yours !

    回覆刪除
  3. 啲物件構圖別出心裁!
    大紅花影得好清晰突出,我成日影得唔好!
    [版主回覆11/21/2012 23:12:56]I don't agree, your photos are the subject of my modeling.

    回覆刪除
  4. Nice photos! Thank you for your sharing! You have an interesting angle.^_^
    [版主回覆11/22/2012 09:05:22]Modern society is geared for efficiency: hence everything is designed to run smoothly, quickly and as cheaply as possible. For that purpose, they need to simplify. To simplify, they need to rely on abstract principles. In the process, something very precious is lost; the inherent need of everything to be themselves. I try as far as my talent extends, to restore for myself and in the process for others, a little of that richness which life has to offer to those who are prepared to look at their everyday reality, from the angle of one of its occupants and participants.

    回覆刪除
  5. You are right about the trend towards simplicity and efficiency in modern society.
    I used to jeer at iPhones but the more I use it, the more I appreciate and admire the kind of careful thoughts which the designers have put into that little device which is really the embodiment of the "art" of cybernetics and ergonomics.
    [Peter回覆11/22/2012 11:31:01]We only live once. I may be naive but I would rather surf on the crest of Time for the endless excitement. Maybe I am not as resigned as you are.
    [版主回覆11/22/2012 10:59:54]Changes are happening all around us at a dizzying pace. If we are not careful, we'll be swamped by them and lose our head. Whilst we need not marvel at every "jaw-dropping" new invention when they first appear, even the conservative amongst us will have to adapt. Given the speed at which new versions appear with much hyped "innovative" features, to me, a few generations behind time would be about right: it'd be both cheaper and "better", compared to what we had.

    回覆刪除
  6. I see you reflected on the crystal ball.
    [版主回覆11/23/2012 22:39:16]What you see is an image! The real me is gone!

    回覆刪除