總網頁瀏覽量

2012年12月26日 星期三

Far from the Madding Crowd (遠離塵囂)

Yesterday wasn't so sunny. But I didn't want to be pushed around by the holiday crowd milling around shopping malls. I tried another route up Tai Tung Shan. The ascent was quite steep. But after that, it was simply skirting paths along the watersheds or the cols between the various hills. The route was full of surprise discoveries.



Some beautiful creepers at the side of a tree.



This tree in the distance look so fresh after a slight drizzle.



This tiny plant didn't lose any time. It pushed up new leaves.



This tree did the same



I thought I found traces of some ancient rock writing but on closer inspection, I discovered that they were merely patterns formed by some dried up wort.




One of the mountains I saw after the stiff climb up to the highest path along the side of the various mountains.



A twisted ball of fern leaf before it opens out I found along the mountain path



Some yellow leaves



The hills were still filled with late blooming camellias



its heart.



A view of the hills that I covered



Some huge moss like plants I found on the surface of a rock high up in the mountains



A close up of its leaf-like flowers


Other creepers were fighting for space upon the surface of this rock with the mosses



Other hills on my way to Broken Head Camp



One side of the hill on which the camp was built



I could see mountains and hills getting fainter and fainter with distance.



I found these growing at a shadowy spot shortly before I arrived at the camp



Close by were these fir like leaves of another type of fern



Finally the Broken Head Camp



Some worts growing on the planks sealing up the window of one of the camp houses.



A pattern formed by pieces peeling off its plastic window cover



Another such pattern



A view of Mui Wo on the way down



The path on the way down Pak Kung Au



A view of another part of the downward path



A farewell view of the mountain path I traversed.


4 則留言:

  1. I went to Tai Tung Shan before but the weather is not very good.
    [版主回覆12/27/2012 11:12:09]It's a very strenuous walk up. Like you, the weather was not with me both times. But still I enjoyed the work out for my legs and lungs.

    回覆刪除
  2. Nice shots! I like the patterns formed by the dried up wort and the blooming camellia! Thanks for your sharing!
    [版主回覆12/27/2012 11:13:25]Thank you. it was a real surprise for me to find the patterns. Glad you like them.

    回覆刪除
  3. Broken Head Camp seems to suit me well.
    [版主回覆12/27/2012 23:36:11]I'm sure: sturdy, bare and high !

    回覆刪除
  4. I walked the same path once 31 years ago! It was a cool and drizzling morning then.
    Like the pastel colour palette of your pictures here. Bring back some good old memories. Thanks.
    [版主回覆01/02/2013 10:28:12]We must continue to exercise if we want to keep our stamina. The more we refrain from doing so, the weaker we become.
    [Gravel回覆01/01/2013 18:46:33]Yes but I won't trust my strength and stamina any more!
    [版主回覆01/01/2013 08:22:25]Interested in a re-make of that episode?

    回覆刪除