總網頁瀏覽量

2012年12月27日 星期四

Idle Shots (無聊之剪影)

A camera at one's side is a constant temptation. The temptation becomes practically irresistible when one is bored. I went for a hike to Cheung Chau recently. On the hour-long journey there, I found it impossible not to succumb to the temptation to put my fingers on the shutter. I excused my weakness on the pretext that I needed more practice. I ended up with these shots of ennui.



Green, green and green



Lines and circles



Ceiling light at the pier



Play of curves and circles



Play of light and shade



Orange



Orange on fire



Ropes and pummel



White bolt



red hydrant



Idle foot captured by an idle eye

5 則留言:

  1. Nice photos!
    I like the one with curves and circles.
    Furthermaore, the idle foot is a good foot...
    [版主回覆12/27/2012 23:39:10]Glad some of them appeal to you. The foot seems at least whole and intact !

    回覆刪除
  2. Practice make perfect, Idle shot is a goood way.
    [版主回覆12/28/2012 08:32:38]I need even more practice and learn from the way you figure out different ways to get the kind of effect you have in mind. Thanks for your moral support.

    回覆刪除
  3. Good exercise.
    What you are in need of now is a pair of fly's composite eyes.
    [版主回覆12/28/2012 23:03:35]Not only that, perhaps also a pair of eyes like those on spy satellites and another pair like those of microscope!

    回覆刪除
  4. Very unusual subject matters for a journey to Cheung Chau!
    [Gravel回覆01/01/2013 18:49:26]But oddity often contributes to uniqueness.
    [版主回覆01/01/2013 08:20:42]Boredom is productive of oddities.

    回覆刪除
  5. Interesting shoots. The orange color photos stand out.
    And it is great that you are using Chinese.
    [版主回覆01/05/2013 23:35:27]Thanks. I was struck by the orange color too whilst idling on my ferry bench. That's why I shot the pixes.

    回覆刪除