總網頁瀏覽量

2012年12月30日 星期日

More practices: chrysanthemum .1 (菊花.再練習1)

Just learned that there's an exhibition of chrysanthemum at the Yuen Yuen Institute in Tsuen Wan. Although I have attended countless talks and lectures organized by this institution which advocates the unity of Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism, I have never once been there before. Killing two birds with one stone seemed like an eminently appealing option to me when I had breakfast this morning. So I went there. I never realized that this rather common flower could be so beautiful. I now have a headache the size of Victoria Peak deciding which of the snapshots I took to post. Maybe by color? Why not?

There were chrysanthemums everywhere: on the row of pots lining the paths up the garden, on the steps, in front of the parapets, on the walls, on the bamboo stage, in front of the temples, in the garden and upon special wooden racks for easier display.



A threesome, like a family



A wilder family



One of them



A different type of chrysanthemum, not yet open



starting to open up



a third type whose tips are streaked with purple



A pink chrysanthemum



Another view



A pinkish purple chrysanthemum



almost in full bloom



Its heart



Its side



A pink chrysanthemum with exploding hooks



Its smaller cousin


1 則留言:

  1. 鮮嫩的菊花嬌艷欲滴, 順便到荃灣買蟹,回家烹酒.
    [版主回覆12/31/2012 07:30:45]An excellent idea for a cold evening!

    回覆刪除