總網頁瀏覽量

2013年4月24日 星期三

Temptation in Purple (紫色的誘惑)

Whilst doing the pansies at the flower show, I was deluged by cries of protests from the orchids. They made such a deafening din that I am beginning to wonder if it's true that orchids are really classical Chinese gentlemen. Whatever the truth may be, I must do something to pacify them if I wish to retain a measure of peace of mind. But then, another terrible headache emerges. Which of them shall I do? They come in so many colors ! I certainly can't do them all ! Then John Stuart Mill and Jeremy Bentham came to my aid: the greatest happiness for the greatest number! What an excellent principle which incidentally seems completely consistent with my mental health!  If I do that, they'll become a "silent"  majority. So, I'll do those orchids I photographed most at the flower show: purple or purplish orchids.  .



I start with those with the slightest tinge of purple.



And move on to those with slightly more



One of them



Those with stronger streaks



To those who are purple except for certain spots



I'll move on to those with a double layer of petal



Ending with those who are completely purple



Then the cycle restarts, but in the opposite direction, those with double layers one of which is has purple spots



Those with purple stripes



Moving from stripes to patches



Completely purple except for the heart



To those almost completely purple



To those with even more purple



Purple to pinkish purple



A string of them



Another of them



Those with an even darker hue



And the cycle re-starts with those which are predominately white



And the merry-go- round of temptations in purple re-starts and goes on until our next encounter.


3 則留言:

  1. Chinese gentlemen make deafening din nowadays.
    You can see it in the Legislative Council.
    [版主回覆04/24/2013 20:35:50]Chinese in race only, perhaps, Deafening din, some of the time especially where their political interests are concerned. "Gentlemen" ?????

    回覆刪除
  2. 拍得很好啊,
    又矜貴又美麗。
    [版主回覆04/24/2013 23:14:14]Thank you. Orchids are always special.

    回覆刪除

  3. [版主回覆04/24/2013 23:15:10]Light purple is a very subtle color !

    回覆刪除