總網頁瀏覽量

2013年7月23日 星期二

Distractions at HK Park (香港公園散散心)

Many things have happened recently to cloud my mind and pester it with feelings which I thought I could deal with philosophically. To stop myself thinking, I went to a place which I know will never fail to bring me a measure of sensory delights and serenity: Hong Kong Park.




I was greeted by this pig's ear and was fascinated by its velvet like petals




I wasn't alone with them for long


She's hungry, not for beauty, but for her belly.


Her long and supple feeding tube was well inside



Look, another one!


Celosia in red


Celosia in greens and yellows



A lonely blade trying its best to reach out


Tiny begonias: like the sheen bouncing off the surface of her fleshy petal



Tiny little flowers growing at one side of the path



I love the softness of their color, so dream-like


Nearby were these tiny memories of more watery times



A much bigger trace of such radiating memory



several more colorful drops



How could there be lotus leaves without lotus flower ?!



Two lotuses



Another one, emerging in silence amongst other leaves



one of her bolder sisters



Tiny flowers growing at the side of the pond



A daisy



Another one


a little bud, with different colors front and back


A sun flower



I love the way it stretches out its petals like so many blades of under water weeds twisting, turning and swirling with the motion of tiny sea waves nearby 



and also the tiny rings with which it encircles its heart



Found these lovely cattleya hybrid inside the green house



I buried myself inside the orchids



Exploring the intricacies of their "heart"



which never ceases to amaze me with their delicacy


The softness of their stamen



The way they twist and turn to hold on to the legs of passing insects



The variety in their colors and patterns



In the green house, I also found this very delicate cactus flower



Another kind of cactus flower. Its colors are so strong



And this lobster claw: perhaps dirty from the nearby sand?



And this mandevilla from Brazil ( a kind of Jasmine)



And this orange flower: so light, so crumpled and yet somehow so pretty

9 則留言:

  1. 尾五那張是仙人掌的花?我還以為是玫瑰!
    謝雪山飛狐哥哥分享!
    [版主回覆07/24/2013 08:38:51]I'm lucky. I often got the chance to discover beauty where I least expected it.

    回覆刪除
  2. 花與蝶,微距的魅力無法擋!
    [版主回覆07/24/2013 08:40:55]Yes, flowers and butterflies never cease to make one's gape in awe at their intricacy, their delicacy, their grace and casual beauty.

    回覆刪除
  3. 嘩,今次拍攝的花兒很美。
    [版主回覆07/24/2013 08:41:22]Thank you for your encouraging words.

    回覆刪除
  4. The flowers look delicious.
    [版主回覆07/24/2013 18:01:04]To the butterflies and the bees !

    回覆刪除
  5. That petal does look like a lobster's claw. Was it for that reason that you took a snapshot of it?
    [版主回覆07/25/2013 08:44:26]I am amazed at how crustaceans and plants could somehow both have developed an almost identical "form". Was it pure "coincidence" or could there be some "deeper" explanatory principle which applies in both cases or are the similarities merely "apparent"?

    回覆刪除
  6. 看了相,彷彿覺得,現在還在春天!
    [版主回覆07/28/2013 09:50:39]Could it be that spring may be less a state of nature than a state of mind?

    回覆刪除
  7. 謝謝分享用心拍攝的美照.,靚呀.
    [版主回覆07/28/2013 09:51:20]So happy you enjoyed them! You're most welcome to them!

    回覆刪除
  8. 美得出塵!
    [版主回覆07/28/2013 12:14:43]I'm still learning. Don't send me so soon to the hell of those who think they know!

    回覆刪除
  9. Gorgeous pictures! It must be more astounding to see these flowers live.
    [版主回覆07/31/2013 17:45:34]Nothing to beat the delicate and intricate beauty of Nature!

    回覆刪除